|Specific and Stretching
- Is the objective clear, precise and unambiguous?
- Is the objective stretching in some way (but still realistically achievable)?
- Does the objective say what success will look like and how it will be measured, in terms of quantity or quality?
|Achievable and Agreed
- Is the objective realistically achievable (but not too easily), taking into account the time-frame, resources and support that are available?
- Have both the individual and their manager agreed on the objective?
- Is the objective relevant to what the business and /or the team need to achieve?
- Will it support the achievement of the overall goals of the organisation?
- Has a specific date been agreed for when the objective should be completed?
- Is the target date related to the objective rather than simply coinciding with the end of the review year?