Balancing the daily demands of your business is minor thing. With businesses across all sectors dealing with a range of complexities in their everyday responsibilities, even something as fundamental as ensuring you have the right people in place at any given time can be easier said than done.
At Advanced, we understand just how vitally crucial it is that you have the people with the proper skillset on shift when you need them. We also understand how wrangling a schedule for a large workforce is easier said than done and without access to the proper tools, people teams can find themselves losing valuable hours each working week to manual processes.
Our new Auto rostering function has been created specifically to handle the strain of the complex shift organisation. Auto Rostering is a multi-platform smart scheduling application for all industry sectors, designed to make complex staff rostering easy, saving time and money. Auto Rostering optimises the allocation of employees to shifts and will take into consideration all active complex constraints and rostering rules, employee availability, and employee skill sets to get the right person in the right place at the right time.
Auto rostering is designed to offer you unparalleled operational efficiency and the confidence to know that you have the right people in place when you need them. We believe that auto rostering represents the future for businesses who want to gain a greater understanding of how to manage their employee scheduling and ensure the right talent is in place at any given moment. With that in mind, what are some of the key benefits of auto rostering?
- Auto Solve - Increasingly, today’s organisations are looking for technology to help them achieve more with their working day. For many, this means seeking out systems which off greater degrees of automation of complex processes. Afterall, becoming bogged down with manual processes and admin heavy tasks can be the death knell of productivity, so it’s natural that organisations will be seeking out technology which can help mitigate the impact of this. Auto rostering completely takes the strain of complex shift patterning and rostering calculation-at the click of a button Auto Rostering will suggest the optimally staffed work schedule based on availability of employees, offering you the piece of mind you need to understand that your workforce allocation requirements are well in hand.
- Roster templates - templates can be created and quickly applied to represent various recurring shift patterns over one or multiple weeks. This offers you the peace of mind you need to understand that the complexities of shift patterning are well in hand with an easy to replicate formula which you can return to time and time again.
- Skills mapping - At Advanced we understand that sometimes the solution to finding the proper cover for a shift isn’t as simple as just rostering in another employee. In many industries, there are specific certifications or skill sets such as first aid training or forklift truck licensing which have to be factored into account. Any employee who can’t make a shift will naturally need to be replaced by a colleague with equivalent skillsets in order to fill gaps in talent. Auto rostering takes the strain of these complex calculations for you with skills maps which let you set your own parameters, ensuring that you can always find cover for your shifts with the appropriate level of certification.
- Employee trade board - Auto rostering can offer you a unique framework to empower you people to take charge of their schedules. Our employee trade boards can be actioned by management within your organisation and provide a forum for your people to exchange shifts at their own discretion. This is a powerful feature which not only incentivises your people to take control of their shifts but most importantly, it bypasses the need for your people teams to deal with the admin of shift swap requests and sourcing cover themselves.
- Compliance - Auto rostering will come as a breath of fresh air for your HR teams as it will provide your organisation with a framework to ensure greater compliance with every shift pattern. Auto rostering allows you to effortlessly gather summary reports of schedules as well as automatically providing you with attendance notifications or lone worker alerts which ensure you are never caught off guard by sudden developments.
Auto rostering represents a unique opportunity for you to free your people teams from the burdens of manual inputs, admin heavy tasks and complex shift patterning. It can also serve as a brilliant way to empower your people to take charge of their working hours, offering them the ability to handle shift swapping requests without the need to burden your HR teams. The intuitive skills mapping function also means that whatever the situation, you can be confident that you have staff with the correct skillset in place to remain compliant and get the job done.
At Advanced, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive range of workforce management solutions, boasting some of the best systems and hardware on the market. Auto Rostering integrates seamlessly with Advanced Time & Attendance and clocking terminals to provide a full workforce management solution for your organisation.
If you’d like to discover more about how our auto rostering and other people management solutions can help transform the way you work, get in touch with one of our friendly team members today.