Are you using all the features available to you in Microsoft 365?
With over 300 million users, there’s no doubt over the relevance of Microsoft 365 (M365), however some still view it simply as a suite of Office applications. Over the past few years, Microsoft have continuously added new capabilities empowering users to be more productive and collaborative, whilst improving security for a business’s entire IT environment. In this blog, we’ll discuss some of the key features available to you with M365.
Collaborate, Communicate and Work Together from Anywhere
The advent of hybrid work has shown how important remote collaboration is for all businesses, and for employees to work with colleagues in different locations. As a cloud-based platform, Teams enables employees to meet, chat, call and collaborate from anywhere, and enables multiple users to work on the same document in real-time, on any device.
For many businesses this has negated the need for office phone systems, as Teams is a fully functional unified communications platform. As the modern workplace has evolved over the past few years, Microsoft has consistently updated its product set to make the change as seamless as possible.
Microsoft Power Platform
Some lesser-known products within M365 are Power Platform applications, which enable employees to create code-free applications and processes that streamline the way businesses work. The three applications included are: Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents.
- Power Apps is a tool that allows teams to build and launch apps using prebuilt templates, with drag and drop simplicity and quick deployment. These apps can connect to hundreds of data sources, including other Microsoft 365 subscription applications.
- Power Automate is a tool designed to enable users to easily streamline repetitive tasks with automation. Similar to Power Apps, Power Automate is a low-code solution, with drag and drop tools and pre-built connectors, allowing employees of all skill levels to automate repetitive, mundane tasks.
- Power Virtual Agents is an app in Microsoft Teams, where businesses can easily create their own chatbots that answer questions posed by other employees or team members. This can create a better employee experience, whilst increasing productivity and information accessibility.
Mobility and Security
Your M365 subscription includes a number of security features to protect your Microsoft estate and secure devices with management policies and access controls.
A Microsoft 365 Business Premium subscription includes Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS). EMS provides advanced security features including endpoint protection, mobile device management, Conditional Access and more. Recently Microsoft Defender for Business, which enables businesses to use Microsoft 365 as their security ecosystem, has been added to a Business Premium subscription, which includes web content filtering, automated investigation and response and endpoint detection and response.
The office applications within the Microsoft 365 suite of applications are designed to increase productivity, however Microsoft has also included other productivity applications, such as Planner, Whiteboard and Lists.
- Microsoft Planner is a visual task management solution that organises teamwork and increases productivity. In Planner, users can create Kanban boards with content rich cards including files, checklists, and labels.
- Microsoft Whiteboard is an infinite virtual whiteboard designed for effective meetings and engaging learning. It is now built into Teams, allowing multiple users to write on the whiteboard for brainstorming and group planning.
- Microsoft Lists is technically a software designed to create lists but is so much more than that. Lists allows users and teams to easily track information and organise their work. A key Lists feature is the ability to start a list based off a pre-built template. Some of these templates include issue trackers, event itineraries, asset tracking, project planner and social media calendars.
Getting the most out of your Microsoft 365 subscription
These are just some of the many features packed into a Microsoft 365 subscription. If you want to find out more, contact us today. We are also currently offering a free M365 Health Check, analysing and providing recommendations in terms of cost, security and performance. Find out more here.