Cloud adoption is a complex process, and there are many challenges that businesses face when planning to adopt Azure. This may include:
1. Lack of clarity about the benefits of Azure: Many businesses struggle to understand the benefits of Azure and how it can help them achieve their business goals.
2. Security and compliance concerns: Security and compliance are critical concerns for businesses when it comes to cloud adoption. They need to ensure that their data is secure and meets regulatory compliance requirements.
3. Limited expertise: Cloud adoption requires specialised skills and knowledge, which many businesses may not have in-house. This can make it challenging to plan and execute an Azure adoption strategy.
4. Legacy infrastructure: Many businesses have legacy infrastructure that is not easily compatible with cloud technologies. This can make it difficult to migrate to Azure and require significant re-architecture efforts.
So, how can you overcome these challenges? Microsoft have created the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), which is a set of best practices and guidelines designed to help businesses adopt cloud computing, specifically Azure, in a structured and organised manner. The framework provides a comprehensive set of guidelines, tools, and processes to help organisations successfully adopt Azure and realise its full potential.
How does the framework help?
The Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework provides a structured approach to cloud adoption, helping businesses overcome the challenges mentioned above. Some of the key ways in which the framework helps are:
1. Clear guidance: The framework provides clear guidance on how to plan, design, and implement an Azure adoption strategy. This includes guidance on governance, security, compliance, and migration.
2. Best practices: The framework includes best practices and proven methodologies to help businesses adopt Azure successfully.
3. Tools and resources: The framework provides tools and resources to help businesses assess their readiness for Azure adoption, plan their migration, and manage their Azure environment.
4. Continuous improvement: The framework emphasises the importance of continuous improvement, helping businesses optimise their Azure environment and maximise the value they get from it.
How can MSPs help?
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) play a crucial role in helping businesses create a strategy and plan for Azure adoption aligned with the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework. MSPs can leverage their
expertise and experience in Azure to help businesses assess their readiness for cloud adoption, identify the most suitable Azure services, and design a migration plan that aligns with the Microsoft CAF.
They can also assist in implementing and managing the Azure environment, including governance, security, and compliance. MSPs can provide ongoing support and optimisation services to ensure that businesses are getting the most out of their Azure environment and continuously improving it, and additionally they can help businesses identify cost optimisation opportunities and provide insights into the Azure pricing models and licensing options.
How do you get started? Advanced are offering a Strategy and Governance workshop run by subject matter experts in line with the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), which will help accelerate your journey to Microsoft Azure. The workshop will provide you with a greater understanding of the CAF architecture and how it can be applied to your business, leading to a successful transition to the cloud. Learn more about our Azure Strategy & Governance Workshop here.
As a longstanding Microsoft Partner with Modern Work & Infrastructure (Azure) designations, you can lean on our expertise to create an empowering roadmap, unlocking the capacity and flexibility to take your business into a stronger future.